Saturday 8 August 2009

Back to the Ballroom

After having a week off from dancing, Thursday was our 1st night back and it felt good to be on the dancefloor! A lot of work on Foxtrot was done by all! It’s rather a nice routine though, if, as with all good Foxtrots, rather tricky. I was also pleased to have remembered the top line style for a move in Quickstep, called barrels. Now I need to get the footwork back and the move should be ready for perfecting! I will try and post a video at some point as trying to describe the step is very tricky.

All the improvements I had made to my rumba style were still there too. I think more of the same is needed to squeeze a bit more out of my hips, then I need to somehow train my arms to become fluid! Easier said than done. I have tried several times, each no less self conscious than the last. I was intending to post this yesterday but had to leave for Blackpool.

No comments:

Post a Comment